After a crash during stage nine of the Tour de France on the cobbles to Roubaix, Rigoberto Uran (EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale) eventually succumbed to his injuries and abandoned the race ahead of stage 12 three days later.
- Tour de France bikes: Dan Martin's Colnago V2-R gallery
- Tour de France bikes: Greg Van Avermaet's custom-painted BMC Teammachine gallery
The Colombian finished less than a minute behind Chris Froome (Team Sky) during last year's edition of the race and the American-registered squad will look to change tack in the hope of finding stage wins for the remainder of the race.
In the week building up to the race, Cannondale was one of several bike manufacturers to launch new aero framesets and for the opening stage in Noirmoutier-en-l'Île, the entire EF Education First-Drapac team raced aboard the new Cannondale SystemSix, which has been tested extensively in races since March of this year.
The final version of the bike is finished in the fluoro pink and green team colours of EF-Drapac and is paired with a full Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 groupset.
Components specialists Vision provides the team with wheels and finishing kit, with Uran opting for a Vision Metron 5D integrated carbon cockpit.
As with several of the recently released framesets from other manufacturers, Cannondale has produced a direct-mount rear derailleur hanger for the Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 rear derailleur. In an eye-catching and colour-coordinated pink finish, the component also doubles up as a chain catcher to prevent any throwing of the chain off the cassette.
EF Education First-Drapac is one of several WorldTour and Tour de France teams to run 25mm Vittoria Corsa tyres.
For stage nine of the race on the cobbles to Roubaix, EF Education First-Drapac switched from SystemSix framesets to the endurance-focused Synapse framesets, before switching to the lightweight SuperSix framesets as the race hit the Alps.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Rigoberto Uran's Cannondale SystemSix.
Cannondale SystemSix full specification
- Frameset: Cannondale SystemSix
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9120
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 with custom hanger for Cannondale SystemSix
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-30
- Crankset: Cannondale SISL, 53/39 FSA chainrings
- Wheelset: Vision Metron 55 SL tubular
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars/stem: Vision Metron 5D integrated, 400mm wide, 110mm stem
- Tape/grips: Prologo
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
- Saddle: Prologo Scratch 2
- Seat post: Cannondale SystemSix
- Bottle cages: Tacx Ciro
- Rider height: 1.73m
- Saddle height from bottom bracket (centre to top): 700mm
- Saddle nose to handlebars at stem: 540mm