Australian sprinter, Caleb Ewan won the Down Under Classic — the precursor the Tour Down Under — in decisive style this Sunday, beating last year's winner Peter Sagan by over a bike length aboard this Ridley Noah Fast.
Belgian bike manufacturer Ridley updated its aero frameset last summer, and Ewan, who has his own distinctive aerodynamic sprinting style, will race the majority of his season on the wind-cheating model.
Also launched earlier this year was Campagnolo's new 12-speed groupset. The Lotto Soudal team look set to use the new — and as of yet unreleased — electronic version of the drivetrain for the upcoming season alongside Campagnolo Bora Ultra carbon wheels.
The carbon Super Record crankset is also fitted with an SRM power meter that is matched with the German brand’s PC8 head unit.
- All-new Campagnolo 12-speed EPS electronic groupset spotted
- A close look at SRAM's new 12-speed eTap groupset
The Italian theme continues on the team bikes with finishing kit from Deda, saddles from Selle Italia and tyres from Vittoria.
Unlike last year's darker grey models, the new Ridley frameset matches Lotto Soudal's 2019 jerseys, which feature a bold white and red alongside a gloss black finish.
In a move that’s sure to divide opinion, the team has also opted for Lizard Skins bar tape in a marbled black and white finish.
Caleb Ewan’s full bike specifications
- Frameset: Ridley Noah Fast, size XS
- Front brake: Campagnolo Super Record direct mount
- Rear brake: Campagnolo Super Record direct mount
- Brake/shift levers: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record EPS, 12-speed
- Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record, 12-speed, 11-29
- Chain: Campagnolo Record, 12-speed
- Crankset: Campagnolo Super Record 170mm 53/39 with SRM power meter
- Bottom bracket: C-Bear ceramic
- Wheelset: Campagnolo Bora Ultra
- Tyres: Vittoria Corsa, 25mm tubular
- Stem: Deda Zero100 Team, 150mm
- Handlebars: Deda SuperZero, 38cm
- Tape/grips: Lizard Skins
- Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Team Edition
- Seat post: Ridley Noah Fast
- Bottle cages: Tacx Ciro
- Computer: SRM PC-8
- Rider height: 1.65m
- Saddle height (from centre of bottom bracket): 650mm
- Tip of saddle nose to handlebars (at centre): 525mm
- Weight: 7.42kg
This article was last updated 13/01/2019, 8am GMT