This article was originally published on Cyclingnews.com.
After Owain Doull fell ill ahead of the Tour Down Under, Team Sky flew in Kenny Elissonde at the eleventh hour to replace the Welshman for the WorldTour opener.
- Tech gallery: Tour Down Under
- WorldTour team bikes: everything you need to know
- 10 clever hacks used by World Tour race mechanics
Elissonde, who was training in Australia with Chris Froome during January made it to Adelaide for the race start and worked as a domestique for team leader Sergio Henao.
Pinarello unveiled the Dogma F10 last month and the bike is equipped with new aerodynamic features. The tabs on the rear of the fork dropouts were inspired by Bradley Wiggins' hour record bike and the concave downtube, which was inspired by the Bolide time trial frame, claims to reduce drag by 12.6 percent versus the previous incarnation of the bike.
Also on the downtube, Pinarello has introduced an E-Link system, which can charge and update the new Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 groupset.
The bike features the latest electronic groupset components from Shimano, while the crankset and wheels remained Dura-Ace 9000 series due to a shortage of new cranks and a high enough quantity of wheelsets respectively.
Kenny Elissonde rides a size 44 frameset, 170mm cranks and a 112mm stem combined with narrow 380mm handlebars. The handlebar tape, handlebars and stem are all supplied by ONE components and the bike is complemented by an all-black Fizik Arione saddle.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Pinarello Dogma F10, size 44
- Fork: Pinarello Onda F10 with ForkFlap
- Handlebar: PRO Vibe alloy, 380mm
- Stem: PRO Vibe alloy, 112mm
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace 9150
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Cranks: Shimano Dura-Ace 9070, 53-39T
- Wheelset: Shimano Dura-Ace C50
- Tyres: Continental Competition tubular, 25mm
- Seatpost: Pinarello Dogma F10
- Saddle: Fizik Arione
- Bottle cages: Elite Custom Race Plus
- Rider's height: 1.69m/ 5ft 5in
- Rider's weight: 52kg
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 645mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 630mm
- Head tube length: 110mm
- Top tube length (effective): 503mm