The versatile Australian rider headlines his new team at this month's Santos Tour Down Under, where Haas finished fourth in 2017. The WorldTour opener will be Haas's first race aboard a Katusha-Alpecin Canyon.
Canyon's Aeroad CF SLX comes with the frame-specific S27 Aero VCLS CF seatpost, and the team opt to further improve the bike's aerodynamics with Canyon's integrated H11 Aerocockpit CF.
Selle Italia provides comfort at the contact points with an SLR Team Edition saddle and Smootape handlebar tape, with Look providing the team's pedals.
SRAM does not yet produce a direct-mount brake — the only option for the top-of-the-line frameset — so Katusha-Alpecin use de-badged Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 series brake calipers at the front and rear of the bike.
Katusha-Alpecin are one of the eight WorldTour teams that use Continental tubular tyres. The common trend among those teams for regular road racing is Continental Competition ALX 25mm tubulars, and Haas is no exception here.
Click or swipe through the gallery above for a closer look at Haas's 2018 bike.
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX full specifications
- Frame: Canyon Aeroad CF SLX
- Fork: Canyon Aeroblade SLX
- Brakes: Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 series, direct-mount
- Brake/shifter levers: SRAM Red eTap
- Front derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Red eTap
- Crankset: SRAM Red with Quarq power meter, 53/39 chainrings
- Wheels: Zipp 454 NSW
- Tyres: Continental Competition ALX, 25mm tubular
- Handlebars/stem: Canyon H11 Aerocockpit CFTape/grips: Selle Italia Smootape
- Pedals: Look Keo 2 Max
- Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Team Edition
- Seatpost: Canyon S27 Aero VCLS CF
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva
- Computer: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt