Between making the podium at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, taking victory at Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, his hilarious round of post-race interviews and a newly discovered love for gummy bears, Peter Sagan has lit up the first week of the Spring Classics.
- Tour Down Under 2017 news and bike galleries
- 10 clever hacks used by World Tour race mechanics
- WorldTour team bikes: everything you need to know
Back in Adelaide at the Tour Down Under we took a look at Sagan’s latest Venge ViAS, as well as the disc equipped version, which he’s yet to debut at the start line.
With a pearlescent paint job, the Venge ViAS is said to offer oodles of aero advantage, but unfortunately it ain’t light, tipping our scales at 8.01kg without bottles, pedals or a computer — making it the heaviest pro bike we found at the Tour Down Under.
Sporting the older Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 group, Sagan and the rest of his Bora-Hansgrohe team are using 4iii power meters, which debuted at last year’s race in Adelaide.
When it comes to gearing, Sagan has chosen a pretty standard set up of 53-39T at the front and 11-28T at the back.
The Venge ViAS is all about integration, with the cables being routed internally from the handlebars all the way to the brakes and derailleur. The brakes are unique to the frame as well and are hidden behind the fork at the seat tube. It makes for a slick looking ride that will also be a nightmare to work on.
Touch points are a carbon railed S-Works Romin Evo and S-Works Aerofly handlebars attached to a 150mm Venge ViAS aero stem.
Complete bike specifications
- Frame: Specialized S-Works Venge ViAS disc, size 56
- Fork: Specialized S-Works Venge ViAS disc fork
- Stem: Venge ViAS aero stem, 150mm
- Handlebar: S-Works Aerofly carbon
- Handlebar tape: Supa Caz Super Sticky Kush
- Front brake: Specialized S-Works Venge ViAS
- Rear brake: Specialized S-Works Venge ViAS
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace, 172.5mm, 53/39T
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Roval Rapide CLX 64mm
- Tyres: S-Works Turbo Cotton 26mm
- Saddle: S-Works Romin Evo
- Seatpost: Specialized Venge, FACT carbon
- Bottle cages: Tacx Deva carbon
- Rider's height: 1.84m / 6ft
- Rider's weight: 73kg / 161lbs
- Saddle height from bottom bracket: 760mm
- Centre of saddle to centre of bar: 740mm
- Total bicycle weight: 8.01kg / 17.7lb
Check out the gallery above for a closer look at the world champ's bike.