In this week’s edition of the Hill Climb Diaries, Jack, Reuben and Joe tackle a wet and wild weekend of racing on three classic events across the UK.
Saturday saw the first outing for Jack’s hill-climb-ified State Undefeated fixie at the University of Bristol Cycling Club hill climb up Belmont Hill, where he was also joined by Reuben.
Meanwhile, Joe headed north and tackled incredibly fierce headwinds at Huddersfield Star Wheelers’ classic event up Jackson Bridge, hitting some personal record power numbers in the process.
For Sunday, the three were back together for a stupendously damp morning at the Bath CC hill climb up Hinton Hill. While Reuben had a good ride, not everything went to plan for Joe and Jack.
With only a few weeks to go until the nationals, Joe and Reuben’s training is beginning to taper. Coach Tom Bell talks us through Joe’s progress and the plan for the weeks ahead.
Finally, we take a closer look at Jack’s aforementioned fixie.
Stay tuned for next week and don’t forget to watch the previous episodes!
- Introducing Hill Climb Diaries
- Hill Climb Diaries: part 2 — Reuben's new bike day
- Hill Climb Diaries part 3 — tough racing and how to feed a hill climber
- Hill Climb Diaries part 4 — how to warm up and racing in the wet
- Hill Climb Diaries: part 5 — Joe's incredible 5.2kg Trek Emonda
- Hill Climb Diaries: part 6 — exotic carbon upgrades and savage training