Specialized and three-time UCI World Road Race Champion Peter Sagan have announced the third run of top-of-the range bikes, helmets and shoes in the Sagan Collection.
- Specialized founder Mike Sinyard on the power of the bicycle
- How to watch the Milan-San Remo and the rest of the Spring Classics
Specialized and Sagan team up again
According to Specialized, the Overexposed side of the collection shows the Bora-Hansgrohe rider's "…star of the show side, with loud silvers and rainbows. Underexposed represents his 'below the radar' side with blacks, greys and rainbows."
The Chasing Rainbows collection follows on from the first Sagan Collection — launched just before the Tour of Flanders in March 2018 — and the follow up which arrived at the start of last year's Tour de France.
This latest collection sees swanky Sagan-styled silvers with touches of rainbows on the 'Overexposed' versions of S-Works Tarmac Disc and S-Works Venge Di2 complete bikes alongside 'Mirror' finish framesets of the same machines.
If you can't stretch to one of Sagan's bikes, then how about a helmet? Over- and Underexposed iterations of the innovative S-Works Evade with ANGi head up the non-bike section of the collection — ANGi (Angular and G-force indicator) is a safety device that, thanks to a gyroscope and an accelerometer, can tell if you've crashed and, via an app, let your emergency contacts know.
S-Works 7 shoes are also available in the two themed colourways, two T-shirts (one grey, one black) with added UV protection are available with 'Sagan' written across the chest, and sock dopers are catered for too with pink, magenta, black and white Road Tall socks.
There's even a Sagan version of Specialized's Turbo Cotton tyre. Because this is black, we assume it sits on the Underexposed side of the collection.
We're pretty sure that Chasing Rainbows refers to Sagan's pursuit of world titles, but here at BikeRadar we are holding out hope that Sagan, or someone at Specialized, is actually just a massive fan of the song of the same title by 1990s Britpop band Shed Seven. Either way, as this is a Peter Sagan thing, there are also some rather excellent images of the Slovakian star being a bit daft. Mainly with paint.
Specialized – Sagan Chasing Rainbows Collection prices
- S-Works Tarmac Disc — Sagan Collection Overexposed Ltd: SRP £10,000 / $TBC / AU$14,000
- S-Works Venge Di2 — Sagan Collection Overexposed Ltd: £10,250 / $TBC / AU$15,000
- S-Works Venge Frameset — Sagan Collection Mirror Ltd: £3,900 / $TBC / AU$6,100
- Allez Sprint Disc Frameset — Sagan Collection Overexposed Ltd: £1,350 / $TBC / AU$2,000
- S-Works Evade with ANGi — Sagan Collection Ltd: £240 / $TBC / AU$450
- S-Works 7 Road Shoes — Sagan Collection Ltd: £350 / $TBC / AU$550
- Turbo Cotton tyre — Sagan Collection Ltd: £61 / $TBC / AU$120
- Tri-Blend Crew Tee — Sagan Collection Ltd: £35 / $TBC / AU$50
- Road Tall Socks — Sagan Collection Ltd: £17 / $TBC / AU$20